Monday, October 22, 2018

Week Five: Re-Birth Day


Sunday was my birthday.  When I was having a brief "moment" about my age, my husband said I'm beginning again, and he was right. This is definitely a new beginning for me. I feel like I am starting everything anew.

My master plan had always been that once my kids were grown I would work full on with my businesses and writing. Although I've made some steps towards it over the years, I was putting it off fully until then. I was already working full-time at home, and I didn't want any more time to take away from my sons. I have no regrets for that decision, I wish I had even more time to spend with them. But now that I'm here, it feels different. When I was planning for a couple of decades in the future, I didn't consider that I was going to feel a little bit older! But part of that is from not taking care of myself, and not putting myself first or even in the running at all (these foot analogies come so easily without thinking). I think another piece of this is fear. Once finally faced with making that change and diving in, it can feel scary. 

These past five weeks of self care, not trying to fix everything, hanging back and letting everyone take care of themselves, and me, has been a life changer. I'm grateful that it wasn't more serious, but even more grateful that it happened so I could be forced to take a look at myself, my life and how I was neglecting myself. 


Every week before I start my new blog I think, nothing is happening, what am I going to write about? Then literally moments later a flood of new, wonderful things happen! It has happened every single time. It has shown me clearly that our needs are always taken care of and we're never alone. It isn't just about writing my blog, it's about life in general. We just need to ask, believe and receive. The help and answers might not always come in the package we expect, but we always get help, and it's always what we need. When I'm struggling with my writing, I look to the reminder I have on my desk. I have a statue representing Archangel Gabriel. Any time I ask for him to help me with my writing, so much comes to me. The writing is effortless and I am always so grateful for the help.



A few days after speaking with Sonia Choquette about my businesses and writing, a HUGE tidal wave of abundance came my way. I mean HUGE! It was something unexpected that will help me give readings to people as I had talked to her about, as well as many, many more ways to help people. It all is in line with where I have been headed, and it was a gift from the universe telling me I'm on the right path. If you start to notice the little synchronicities and signs that you are being given, it will open a floodgate. I have done this by prayer, meditation, writing in my gratitude journal daily, and saying thank you for these blessings often. I also continue to read and do courses by authors who speak the messages I am seeking. I believe this is possible for everyone. And it doesn't have to be for a spiritually-based business. We all have our gifts and reasons for coming into this world. Whatever it is that lights you up, ask for more of it. And be prepared to receive it!

Among others, I am currently working Sonia Choquette's Wake Up Your Spirit Course. Her courses are very motivational and inspiring. It gets you back in tune with yourself. I also read the Third Chakra section of Dr. Mona Lisa Schulz's book Intuitive Advisor. She described me to a T and provided helpful advice, including seeking the help of an acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist for my weight issues.

Sonia's mention of my foot being about changing my path has made me feel lighter, more joyful, more positive that what I truly want is here. I feel tuned into it. I know this will happen. I just know. And I feel lighter and more energetic than I have in years.

These falls we encounter, like my foot injury are such a gift. It is not why is this happening to me, it's why is this happening FOR me. I am still giving it the rest it needs, using the massager, Epsom salt baths, meditating on its healing, and eating healthier by listening to my body. I'm down 7 1/2 pounds. It's funny how the foot seems so minor in these later blogs, but I know it was really just something to stop me in my tracks to catapult me further.

Thank you for sharing my my journey. Til next week...

In Gratitude & Love,

Kerri Mulhern
www.suitablegifts.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The 10-Minute Miracle

  Every Monday morning at 8AM Central Time you will find the latest 10-Minute Miracle Mondays video on my @kerrimulhern Instagram and YouTu...