Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Eve Reflections


I am seeing so many posts on social media of people being so "done" with 2016. I've even said it myself, it felt like it was the year that everyone died. There seemed to be so much upheaval, tragedy, tumultuous activity (the election, oy). There was so much. But of course, those are the things that get the most attention on the news and social media. There was goodness, love, kindness, giving, and miracles happening too, there always is. And by now, you know where I choose to put my focus on (even if I stray for a moment or two).

If you are into numerology at all, you know 2016 is a 9 year (add up the numbers 2+1+6=9). It's a year of completion, of endings. It doesn't have to be a bad thing, it can be a time of forgiving and letting go. It also means that the cycle begins again and 2017 (2+1+7=10, 1+0= 1) is a year of 1. This is a year of beginnings, and I can already feel that it is going to be a fantastic year ahead.

Our year, our life can be whatever we choose it to be, depending on how we view it. I choose to see the good in it, no matter the circumstances. I have come to realize in what seems like the worst of times (I have had plenty of them), there is good in it. There is a lesson, there is a knowing that better times are ahead, there is an extreme gratitude in the knowledge that I am being taught and loved by a team of divine guides who have always been there, even when I didn't know it.

For me, this year brought incredible blessings, I met authors and beautiful souls don Miguel Ruiz, don Miguel Ruiz Jr., and Eben Alexander author of Proof of Heaven. I connected with Karen Kubicko, read her beautiful book Life Is Just Another Class about her past lives and had an incredible reading from her about my guides and past lives. I spoke with Hay House authors Liana Werner-Gray and Denise Linn, received wonderful advice and received a book The Earth Diet from Liana, and a course from Denise. Denise also tapped into a past life of mine where I acquired my foot pain. The course she gifted me, is going to help me resolve it. Skye Dyer noticed and acknowledged my #WayneDyerWednesday posts on Instagram that I started to honor her dad Dr. Wayne Dyer. From there, I connected with Skye, Serena and Saje Dyer and was able to thank them, and share with them how grateful I am to their dad. I got to know Kate Mackinnon and learned a new healing modality CST (cranial sacral therapy) through her amazing book From My Hands and Heart. I became friends with the most beautiful soul sisters and brothers on Instagram who are on a similar path, are kind, supportive, enthusiastic, humorous, and genuine. I reunited with three soul sisters I met at an I Can Do It! event in Austin in 2013. I met two of them in Austin for dinner, and one came to my town for the week. It was wonderful to catch up, I feel like we have known each other forever (we probably have!) I became even closer with my friends from my youth, even though we live so far away. One of them even visited this year for a week, and three of my other friends and I are planning a long weekend together next year. 




I took another step into public view with my business and participated in events to showcase my products. Sales doubled again this year. I learned more, worked on my website, blogged more, and wrote from my heart without fear of what other people would think. I worked with the amazing healer & Hay House author Abby Wynne (her latest book is How To Be Well) to create a special collection of her quotes on the products I sell. I also participated in a wonderful contest she created with her latest book and items from the collection. 

I worked more on the Kindness...Pass It On mission to provide intentional acts of kindness. I created Kindness tags to support the mission, and received more requests from all over the world for Kindness Cards. 


I really learned to take care of myself this year.  I started my diet with Nutrisystem and have lost 17 1/2 pounds so far. I plan to have the rest of the excessive poundage lost by this coming summer. I have learned to cook better food, do yoga, meditate and exercise. This will be a lifelong process not just a quick fix. I learned to take time for myself to do the things that bring me joy, help me to relax, and nourish my soul. By giving to myself, I am much more energized and joyful to give to those I love.

I received an amazing job offer through a beautiful friend I have known for years. It came when I wasn't looking for it, and it was the nicest surprise. The company has a group of fun, kind, hard working, and appreciative people that makes it a pleasure to be a part of. I work remotely, yet I feel so close to this group that are scattered around the country.

One of the toughest moments this year was losing my sweet kitty Pepper. We had her since she was a kitten, and she was such a love. She would hop on my desk while I was working, purr and snuggle up next to my laptop. She is a beautiful soul. I miss her sweet face and her adorable personality. It's not the same, but she's still here. Yes, I have had signs from Pepper. This may have to be another blog, she's pretty clever in how she shows me her presence. Pepper is a beautiful sign of our eternal nature.




I started a course by Sonia Choquette called Ask Your Guides. I am learning to connect and understand how spirit communicates with us. It's a four week course and I'm halfway through. I experienced a miracle in the second week. It was really for two people in my life who I love very much, and I won't give details because I honor their privacy. But it was something that wasn't right for years, and through the course I was praying for help. I learned to write to my helper guides, and I learned how to do automatic writing for a response back. The writing showed me not to panic, and not to interfere in the way I thought I should. I needed to relax, and know that it was going to be ok. I listened and I followed the guidance I received.  I learned to write an invocation to ask for help. Two days after the invocation, the situation was resolved. All is well, in fact all is better than well. There is so much help around us at all times, all we need to do is ask. We may not get the answer we expect, it may not be the way we wanted to do it, but the help we receive is for our greater good. We just need to let go, and trust.

I learned that what we put our attention on is what we draw towards us. The more I wanted to learn about spirituality, past lives, art, health, and abundance, the more it appeared. Books, authors, teachers, courses all arrived. This is happening for all of us, all the time, we just need to start noticing it. I learned how important it is to catch myself in negative thinking, and let it go. I also learned through keeping a gratitude journal, how the things there are to be grateful for double, triple, quadruple when you take the time to notice the good things that are happening. I write them down, I say thank you aloud when it happens. Celebrate all that goes right, it is far better than blaming the divine when something goes wrong. Life isn't happening to us, it's happening for us.

I am extremely grateful to all of my friends and family who have supported my business by purchasing items, sharing my social media posts, reading my blogs, and commenting. My business and my blog has been the deepest expression of what I want to share with the world, and your support has meant more than I can express. I am so thankful to all of you for your friendships, love and for being a part of my journey and for allowing me to be a part of yours. I know our paths have crossed before, and I am certain they will cross again as we all continue to learn, grow, live, and love. 

I have so many plans for the year ahead. I'm very excited for continued spiritual growth, business growth, joy and fun with my family & friends. I will expand upon it in my New Year's Day blog!

Much love to you all! Wishing you peace, love, joy, perfect wellness, abundance and all you intend for the New Year!




In Love & Gratitude,

Kerri Mulhern
www.suitablegifts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The 10-Minute Miracle

  Every Monday morning at 8AM Central Time you will find the latest 10-Minute Miracle Mondays video on my @kerrimulhern Instagram and YouTu...