Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Reiki II - Healing Others


So much has happened in the last several months. I earned my Reiki II certificate. The class was fantastic. It was all women in this group, a small class of eight. One of the women from my Reiki I class was there, so it was nice to see a familiar face. She was healing from addiction and breast cancer, and said that reiki lessened the affects of the cancer treatments she went through, and even helped her hair grow in faster. She looked fantastic, her skin was glowing. The other ladies had various reasons for taking the class. Some were massage therapists who wanted to learn more to enhance their massage practices and also earn continuing education credits. Others wanted to learn so they could heal themselves, friends, family and even begin their own practices. 



Along with being attuned to the power, harmony and distance symbols, I also learned how to send distance reiki using a surrogate. I sent reiki to my bestie 1,800 miles away during the class. It was only a 5 minute session, but it was great to learn how to do it so I could continue practicing at home. It is amazing that reiki can be sent anywhere in the world, to people, animals, places, and situations. This is such a loving modality, and it shows that we are all one and truly connected to each other. I learned how to heal things in the past, present and future, how to help in healing addictions, and more about working on others.



One at a time, as in the Reiki I class, we were individually attuned in a separate room. After the attunement, I came back into the classroom and hopped on a massage table to close my eyes and integrate this sacred experience for a moment. 

We practiced on each other in class and learned how to do an aura cleansing. For everyone, and especially empaths who pick up everyone else's energy, this is a great way to cleanse the residue of other people's anger, fear, hostility, etc off of your auric field. Ever walk in a room and pick up the vibe in the air? Well, that energy can get stuck in your aura. We used a selenite wand and palo santo and learned to feel the layers of the aura. Each layer is connected to one of the 7 chakras and has a connection to our body, emotions, and spirit. 

You can use palo santo or sage whenever you want to cleanse your aura yourself, you don't need a reiki attunement to do that. Just light the palo or sage, blow it out so you have smoke.  Gently wave the stick over your head, down your body, over your hands and under your feet. Make sure to completely distinguish the stick. I usually put mine in a small glass. 

Our reiki teacher offered that we could come in after our class and use her tables to practice with each other. After the class she sent us all a follow up email, and I responded to let everyone in the class know that I would love to practice with any of them. I heard from one of the ladies in the class, and I was so psyched to be able to swap reiki with someone in a professional setting. 

We scheduled a time to meet up after work one weekday. I packed up my reiki toolkit including quartz crystals, chakra stones, a selenite wand, water, and some palo santo. Quartz crystals go around the head of the one receiving reiki to amplify the energy. The chakra stones go next to or on the chakras. Just being near the stones alone can activate the chakras. As previously mentioned, the selenite wand and palo santo sticks are used to cleanse the aura. I arrived first and took the time to sit quietly and connect to reiki. When she arrived, it was apparent she had a challenging day at work, so I offered to give her reiki first.  Then she gave me reiki and I felt sensational after! We both left the healing center on a cloud. We met once a month after that, and each time felt great. It was wonderful to have a reiki friend to learn with, share what we were experiencing during the sessions, and practice, practice, practice. 

I practiced long distance reiki on friends and family. I felt as time went on, I got better at it, and started feeling more confident in connecting and sending. There is a level of focus and intent that built up over time by consistently practicing. I developed an ease in using the symbols and hand positions. I also continued to get reiki and acupuncture during this time and practiced self reiki for 21 days after my attunement, as recommended. Self care is as important for the healer as it is for the one being healed.

I am truly grateful to my friends and family at home and at a distance who allowed me to be a conduit of reiki energy for them. I am also grateful to my teacher, my reiki friend, and reiki itself. Having this gift of reiki to share with others is a blessing beyond measure.

My next blog will be about my Reiki Master class, stay tuned!

In Gratitude & Love,

Kerri Mulhern
www.suitablegifts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The 10-Minute Miracle

  Every Monday morning at 8AM Central Time you will find the latest 10-Minute Miracle Mondays video on my @kerrimulhern Instagram and YouTu...