Monday, July 30, 2018

Book Review: Gleam by Tracey Grace



Gleam by Tracey Grace is not the typical book I read. It's fiction and I have immersed myself so much into spirituality and self help books, that I forgot how delightful it is to read a really great novel. The unexpected bonus in Gleam is that it's bathed in a spiritual essence that flows throughout this beautiful book. It shows the reality in facing a difficult situation, while implementing spiritual solutions. Life is a bit messy and Tracey Grace gives us a glimpse of this reality with humor, determination and triumph! 

I so enjoyed this book. I didn't have learn to fix myself, I didn't have to remember tips, techniques, healing remedies, or mantras. But I did get to see this through the eyes of another. Gleam is a delightful escape into the main character Clementine's journey towards loving herself and finding her purpose. The novel begins with Clementine separating from her long term partner and maneuvering through this new life in the best way possible for herself and her children. She is learning to live a life she wasn't expecting, but does so with honesty, hilarity and an openness to try new things. 

Clementine is such a relatable character and you can't help rooting for her during her trials and travails, as she learns about who she really is. It is fascinating to watch her evolve emotionally, physically, spiritually, and yes even sexually! She knows she needs to shake things up in her life to find her "gleam," and boy does she ever!




Gleam shows with raw honesty, what it really looks like to read law of attraction and positive affirmation books, take a yoga class, learn to meditate, and so on, while you are going through your life. It's not an instant transformation. When you are knocked down by unexpected circumstances in your life, sometimes you just don't want to say another "I am happy and whole," because you just don't feel that way. But, you can see in Gleam how it does seep in, it becomes a part of her. You can see how Clementine became so in tune with herself that she becomes her true self. 


For me personally, this book allowed me to give myself a break in more ways than one. It allowed me to take a breath and enjoy reading just for reading itself. It was pure joy getting lost in a story, its characters, and not with the purpose of improving myself. It's kind of funny that I was truly present, yet was doing so in a moment of escape in a great book! Another break for me in following Clementine's journey was that I realized that I don't have to be perfect in my own spiritual journey. Every time I have felt like I "failed," such as getting cross with someone, or not living up to what I feel the teachings are trying to show me, I end up feeling unworthy and a charlatan. Sometimes it makes me feel like giving up on my spiritual journey. But after reading Gleam, I can see in Clementine, the normality of going through life events, falling and getting back up again, being human, getting upset, angry, sad, all of it. Life isn't linear, and the falling down is part of the journey. Gleam has also inspired me to shake things up in my own life, to try new things and enjoy life more. Through reading this book, I've found my gleam as well, and for that I'm truly grateful. 

To buy Gleam: Click here
Follow Tracey Grace on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/traceygraceauthor/


In Gratitude & Love,


Kerri Mulhern
www.suitablegifts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The 10-Minute Miracle

  Every Monday morning at 8AM Central Time you will find the latest 10-Minute Miracle Mondays video on my @kerrimulhern Instagram and YouTu...