Intentional Kindness is a beautiful thing, not only does it make the recipient feel great, it does the same to the giver. Best of all, it also makes anyone who sees or hears about the kindness, feel great too! And you know what happens after that...kindness spreads!
That is what this mission is all about, spreading more kindness into the world. I know it's out there. I know others are doing random and intentional acts of kindness, and now it's time to join in! Suitable Gifts wants to jump start our mission by offering two free Kindness cards. Just send us your name and address on our Kindness...pass it on! page and we will happily send them to you. Our cards have plenty of lines for you to add your message (and you can write on the back too!). The great thing about the Kindness cards, are that they are just the size of a business card. You can carry them in your wallet, leave them in your glove compartment, and use them when the moment strikes you.
You don't need to spend money to be kind. There are different ways to give, and it is always the thought that counts. Your Intentional Kindness can be to someone you know: a family member, a teacher, co-worker, friend. It can also be to someone you don't know. And it's up to you how you want to share it, whether you want to sign you name or make it totally anonymous. It should be what makes you feel good too! Try different ways, and see what works the best for you. There also isn't a formula for how often you need to do this, every day, once a week. once a month, it's all up to you. There is no wrong way if you are being kind!
Here are some ideas:
- Share a smile.
- Give a sincere compliment.
- Open the door for someone.
- Let a driver in your lane.
- Let the person behind you get in front at the check-out line.
- Leave a $5 Starbucks gift card on someone's windshield- on the card write: "Free coffee on me!"
- Feed the parking meter for another- leave the Kindness card on the windshield: "Added some coins to the meter to save you from a ticket!"
- Pay a toll for the car behind you. Leave the card for the toll booth collector to give to the driver with your note (of course fill out the card before you get behind the wheel!).
- Pay breakfast/lunch for the car behind you in the fast food line. Leave the Kindness card (filled out) for the cashier to give to them. "Lunch is on me!"
- Gift cards- leave a surprise gift card ($5,$10 nothing is too small) for Target, CVS, Walmart, Wendy's, Subway...etc) on someone's desk, windshield, in public for a stranger to find (bus stop, park/grocery store/church announcement board, park bench, college campus, shelter, etc).
- Bring flowers to a senior center or hospital for someone you don't know.
- Re-gift: If you have unused books, candles, journals or small gifts that you've never used, leave them with a Kindness card at a receptionist's desk, doctor's waiting room, on an empty chair in a cafeteria. How fun would it be to find a surprise gift? "To whoever finds this gift, it was meant for you, enjoy!"
Post with #kindnesspassiton on our:
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SuitableGifts
We would love to hear what you are doing, and share it with everyone for inspiration! And if you have additional ideas we could use, share those as well! Let us know how this is making you feel, and how it's inspiring others. You can also email us any time with your comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindness...pass it on!