Tuesday, April 25, 2017

What Fills You Up?

I noticed an event post on Facebook for a spiritual store that I visit. They have some amazing classes such as singing bowl meditations, drum circles, mayan astrology, and numerology, but I had yet to attend one. They were having a Connect To Your Spirit Guides workshop this past Saturday, so I first clicked on "Interested" and then by Friday I fully committed to "Going."

The class was fun, and through the teaching of Twyla, we worked with crystals to feel their energy, did a guided meditation and also automatic writing to connect with our spirit guides. The guided meditation was beautiful, Twyla led us through a lovely grassy field and towards a park bench. Seated, we were to picture our guide coming towards us and sitting with us. Everything looked ethereal in my meditation, white, and mystical. I saw my guide coming towards me and I knew who it was. I recently did a 4-week spirit guides course, and through automatic writing, one of my teacher guides told me his name was "Father Time." That was who was coming towards me. He looked like a wizard, with the hat and robe, all in white and silver. Actually, he looked like the Winter Warlock from Rudolph. You know...



He sat with me and we held hands. I asked him his name. He told me "Frank." After he said that, the clock on the wall in the room started ticking loudly (Father Time). I asked him what he wanted to teach me, he said "wisdom." And the sound of the clock sounded again tic..tic..tic..

The meditation and the automatic writing moved some of the class to tears. It was at times emotional because some of the people who came were grieving lost loved ones. Some of them shared amazing stories of current connections to them, but they were still so sad. There is that longing for the physical even when miraculous moments are happening. One woman told a story of a dragonfly landing her nose. She said to the dragonfly "Joe (her husband) if that's you, come sit on my finger." It landed on her finger and stayed. Her sister sitting next to her confirmed the story. 

After class I had some errands to run. I went to a local shopping center and someone was holding out a sign for Family Christian Store for their going out of business sale. It wasn't on my list, but I decided to go in since I've been looking for a Mother Mary statue. I didn't find her, but when I was waiting on line, this was next to me. Not your typical name...




It was a day well spent. Something I really noticed afterwards was that I went from 10AM until 5PM without eating, and I wasn't hungry. I wasn't shaky or cranky either. That isn't typical for me. I certainly don't recommend going a day without eating, it just happened, and for the first time in forever, I wasn't thinking about food. As I continue on my up and down weight loss journey, I am learning what is going on emotionally with me, so I don't gain it back. On this day I learned that there are other things that can truly fill me up that aren't food. I didn't think that was possible. I had a happy day, learning about something that truly interested me. Learning about the light in all of us, the connections we have to the spiritual realm, and the connection every living being, creature, and plant has to each other feeds me. And they are all zero calories! I was full. 

I am in the middle of a new book right now too. Along with A Course In Miracles, I am reading A Course In Weight Loss by Marianne Williamson. It is teaching me to hand the weight loss goal over to God. I am doing certain activities every day towards that goal. It has been having a profound effect on me. My experience on Saturday showed me that keeping centered around activities that are spiritual and inspiring are where I need to be. This in-person experience was definitely something new for me, and it will be a door I will continue to walk through as I navigate my weight loss journey and my life. 

There are many "easy" go-tos, addictions, and ways to avoid stress and life such as excessive food, shopping, drama, and more, so I wanted to share this as food for thought! What fills you up? If it leans more on the negative or self-destructive side, I can say for certain that there are healthier ways to feed you such as reading, writing, art, walking in nature, taking a class, meditating, being with good friends, or just trying something totally new. Now get out there and feast!

In Gratitude & Love,

Kerri Mulern
www.suitablegifts.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The 10-Minute Miracle

  Every Monday morning at 8AM Central Time you will find the latest 10-Minute Miracle Mondays video on my @kerrimulhern Instagram and YouTu...