Sunday, January 25, 2015

Book Review: Adventures of the Soul by James Van Praagh


I have been an admirer of James Van Praagh's work since his 1992 television show Beyond with James Van Praagh. It was my first introduction to the possibility of communicating with those who are in the spirit realm. I was thrilled when he recently joined Hayhouseradio.com for his own weekly radio show (Tuesdays at 2PM ET) and could not wait to get his latest book in my hands!

Adventures of the Soul: Journeys Through the Physical and Spiritual Dimensions is packed with information about the soul, spirit world, near-death experiences, soul lessons and more. James leads us on a soul journey through his perspective, but encourages the reader to use what resonates with him/her. I love this, because he isn't telling the reader to believe everything he says, it is up to the individual to incorporate into their lives what rings true.

There were revelations in this book, including his own out-of-body experience. This was an amazing journey to read about. I am very grateful that he is still with us to share his story! I also was unaware of his relationship with the amazing Debbie Ford. Their relationship was, and is very beautiful. Learning more about his husband was wonderful too.

More than anything for me, the message I received from Adventures of the Soul, was to understand that we are here to learn how to love and to leave this world a better place. It doesn't have to be in grand terms, but in the kindness of our daily actions and interactions. His chapter entitled Living a Soul Filled Life is fantastic to guide us on the path. He also includes beautiful meditations at the end of the book. 

I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about the soul's journey in the present and spirit realm, or wants more information on living a soul-centered life. I also recommend the companion card deck: The Soul's Journey Lesson Cards. It includes 44 cards and a guidebook. The cards are beautiful and a positive way to start the day. Draw a card for clarity, and listen to your intuition; your soul knows the way!

In Gratitude
Kerri
www.suitablegifts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The 10-Minute Miracle

  Every Monday morning at 8AM Central Time you will find the latest 10-Minute Miracle Mondays video on my @kerrimulhern Instagram and YouTu...